Ensure operations continuity
• Reduce risks, waste and costs associated with unplanned component obsolescence
• Focus on your core activities. Let us carry the burden of monitoring your product’s BOM
• Ensure your product is market-ready throughout its life-cycle
• Optimise inventory, avoiding costly interruptions to your operations
• Adopt a proactive design approach that takes into account component obsolescence
Obsolescence management in the context of Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) is about identifying and addressing the risks associated with the life-cycle of your product’s electronic components. Prima’s obsolescence management service provides a proactive, economical, and data-driven approach, enabling you to plan and respond ahead of any impending obsolescence. Those responsible for product engineering, product compliance or procurement will particularly find this service of great value.
We use IHS Markit BOM Intelligence, a proven and highly advanced database-driven system that enables us to identify electronic parts close to the end of their product lifecycle and suggest suitable alternatives. This provides the supply chain continuity needed for your product and ensures it is never compromised as components become unavailable from the original manufacturer.
• The industry’s largest electronic components database of over 500 million parts
• Simple process – just provide us your product’s BOM in an agreed format
• Broad database that eliminates the risk of counterfeit parts and the need to source on the grey-market
• BOM analysis tools to address economic sourcing
• Your BOM information is stored in a secure Cloud-based portal
• Useful information related to functionality, lifecycle, supply chain and compliance
Capabilities and features
o End of Life Notice (EOL) - communicating the phased out of a part
o Product Change Notice (PCN) - communicating any changes to the part that could affect your product
o Last-time-buy (LTB) Notice - confirms the last date the manufacturer will accept a purchase order
o Part Status Change - communicating part availability status
o Product Failure/Counterfeit Notice - information on counterfeit parts and device failure.
• One-off: single reports on an entire single BOM or multiple BOMs
• Annual subscription: providing you an initial full BOM report with real-time alerts on critical changes to your BOM. Discounts can be offered for multi-year subscriptions.
You provide us with the BOM in a predefined template.
We collect your BOM reporting preferences.
We provide you with the BOM report and setup the required real-time alerts.
Adopt a proactive approach to obsolescence management and keep one step ahead of your competitors.
Get in touch